Glen Rose is also home to Dinosaur World, a 20 acre attraction for the giants that once roamed the earth. There are tons of things to do at this prehistoric-themed land, including:
- Fossil Dig, where kids can dig and sift for things like, shark teeth to gastropods, stingray barbs to Mosasaur teeth, there are many fossils to be found.
- Geode Cracker, where kids can pick out an actual geode and crack it open to be the first to see inside.
- Prehistoric Museum, lets visitors see and learn about real prehistoric fossils.
- Animatronic Dinosaurs, motion-activated to let the dinosaurs come to life!
- Boneyard, where kids can gear up with kid-safe tools and excavate a 27-foot dinosaur skeleton from under the sand.
Dinosaur World is in a natural setting, including lush gardens and paved walkways, where you can walk amongst some of the most feared predators to ever walk the earth.
The family can also enjoy the cavern's other activities, like the Zip-Line Adventure, Gem & Fossil Mining, Canopy Challenge, and the Maze. Also, check out the Bracken Bat Flight, the world's largest bat emergence, happening nightly when the bats come out in floods to search for insects.
Natural Bridge Caverns is just outside of North San Antonio. Your van rental will get the whole family there from Tyler in about, four and a half hours.